Modern RPG

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RE: Modern RPG

Post  SniperInYourMidst on Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:13 pm

"Roberson, report on the Eurasian fleet!" Trey bellowed. Second Mate Roberson turned in his seat and reported crisply, "Sir, the Eurasian fleet is slowing down and starting a turn to starboard. Standard Eurasian doctrine is to do this so that they can do one last sweep of the enemy before deciding a strategy for attack." "Very well. When will the fleet be in position to attack?" "At this rate, two hours, thirty minutes." "And time until the backup fleet arrives?" "Two days, sir." The response was a subdued tone. It darkened Trey's heart as well. Great, the Eurasians are getting ready to attack and Admiral Grekovin is still two days out going at Flank Speed! At least, that is what he is supposed to be doing. Trey nodded, then said, "Understood, that is all." Robertson turned back to his console with a sigh. "Well, I must see to the Shadows. Robertson, you are in command. I want a full report on the enemy when I return." "Yes sir!" Trey walked off to find the Shadows and visit Tomat.

SniperInYourMidst
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://glenn.hannold.us/

Back to top Go down

Re: Modern RPG

Post  HawkBlade on Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:22 pm

Finn, after taking a short nap, decided to visit Captain Tomat Fontar and show him the gem that he had found. Finn reached under his cot where he had hastily stowed the gem, wrapped in it's towel. He groped around but could not find it! He got down on hands and knees and frantically shoe a flashlight around under the cot. The gem was not there. Finn clapped his hand to his head and groaned miserably. It had been stolen! Who could have done this? Then Finn remembered that a while back, a certain John D. Karp had been caught with his hand in the proverbial cookie jar. Finn decided to ask this man first, and search his cabin.
HawkBlade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SniperInYourMidst on Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:24 pm

"Well Captain, it looks like you can talk again." "Oh boy does it feel good to talk. Typing every little thing made me and my fingers very unhappy." Tomat looked at the ship doctor with a grin. Dr. Kielson looked back over the papers he was holding for a second, then looked back up, "I can now certify you fit for duty-" Tomat could not contain his happiness, "HOO-AH!" "...in a week." Dr. Kielson finished. "Aw man! A week?" "You can't exert your jaw bone or surrounding muscles for a week and that means no extra talking. Say only what you need to. There are lots of things you have to say while on the bridge right?" Tomat looked a bit crestfallen, "Oh yeah, lots of stuff." "Well, I hate to say this but it'll be too much for another week. That does not, however, mean you should be a mime for a week. You need to talk in order to strengthen your new jaw muscles." "Alright doc, I think that can be done." "Good. See to it that you do as I say, or you may be typing away at that keyboard again." Tomat shuddered, "Oh boy, I definitely don't want to do that again." "Well then, I think you have nothing to fear then. Except maybe getting into a chat with Second Mate Trey." "Ouch, that'll be harder..." Now it was Kielson's turn to laugh. "Oh I was kidding, Trey wouldn't do that do you." Tomat smiled, "Yeah, he wouldn't. Well, I guess I'll be off." "Ok Captain, see you later." Tomat walked out the door and made his way to his cabin.

Finn was frantic. "Who knows who took that gem! I gotta find Karp and make him hand it over. But if he doesn't have it..." Finn decided not to think about that. Rushing though the crew quarters, Finn finally reached the cabin door that said PRIVATE JOHN DENIS KARP. Finn knocked on the door and waited impatiently for it to open. When it did, Karp was swept off his feet and held in mid air by strong hands by his uniform jacket. "What did you do with my gem you sniveling thief!" Finn said through gritted teeth. "I..I put it under the bed! Don't report me Finn!" "It had better be there, or I won't be held responsible for I'm gonna do to you." Finn released the shaken Karp and fished around under the bed. Finn felt instant relief when he felt the familiar shape and weight of the huge gem. Pulling it out, Finn looked up to where Karp had just been. "Blast you Karp, you are getting court marshaled if I have to hunt this entire ship." Finn left the gem under the bed and dashed off after Karp.

Behold! The power of CAT5e!
SniperInYourMidst
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkBlade on Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:47 am

Then Finn skidded to a stop. He ran back into Karp's room and grabbed the gem, stuffing it into his jacket. His leg was aching slightly and he knew he couldn't run for long. He stopped in the corridor and thought. If I were a miserable thieving rat, where would I run to? The brig!
HawkBlade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SniperInYourMidst on Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:29 pm

Finn raced down what he figured was the shortest path to the brig. OCIA doctrine was such that the brig was more like a dungeon. It was dark, smelly, and unsanitary. When Finn reached the security door and the guard there, he stopped and asked, "Has a Private tried to get in here just now?" The guard smiled and said, "Oh yes, and he seems scared out of his wits." Finn regarded the guard (Hmmm, odd sentence, no? What a Face ) strangely but continued asking, "Was this man Private Karp?" The guard continued to smile, "That is correct. I believe you are the 'Finn' he is running from, right?" Then Finn understood. "You're Ensign DeGarner, the MP right?" "You guessed it. I know that Karp is a crook and when I heard him mumbling like a insane person, I opened the door before he was about to run into it and he never noticed. I have him trapped in there so that whoever came to get him and officially put him in the brig would have an easier time catching him." Finn put on a feral grin, "Well, I do believe he is due for another stay here, so I'll just take care of Karp and be on to my duties." "Sure thing, have fun." DeGarner smiled and opened the security door. Finn raced in, fists at the ready.

SniperInYourMidst
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkBlade on Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:16 pm

Karp was huddled in corner whimpering, as he had heard what was going on. Finn said, "Why did you take this stone?" "You can't fool me! that was a HUGE sapphire and you know it!" "Yes it was, but it is still wrong to take things that aren't yours. Now you will end up working the brig cannon in the upcoming battle." The brig cannon was well known as the worst job on the ship. Instead of using machinery to load it, Tomat devised a cunning plan. The brig cannon was operated by a 'volunteer' team from the brig. They were volunteers because the heavy work and pain was considered atonement enough for their crime, and thus they didn't have to mold in the brig forever and a day. "The brig cannon? Never! I'll stay down in this brig forever, but never the brig cannon!" He spoke boldly, but Finn could see the terror shining out of the man's eyes. The brig cannon was the essence of horror to the crewmen. In most cases, the prisoners got a choice to work the cannon or not, but Tomat could overrule their choice one way or the other. Finn said "I'll have to report this to Captain Fontar..." Karp let out an involuntary cry.
HawkBlade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SniperInYourMidst on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:51 pm

Trey was standing on the bridge barking out orders. The Eurasian fleet was reforming and appeared to be shifting to attack the OICA. This move was executed an hour early, which sounded alarm in the heads of all the officers. Battlestations sounded and the fleet prepared for war. Trey had become increasingly worried that they would not have the firepower to match the huge Eurasian fleet, but more importantly, he had become worried that he would not be able to handle the job of controlling the fleet.

But just as these thoughts were starting to overwhelm poor Trey, the door to the bridge opened and in stepped Tomat. Trey wheeled about to face Tomat, saluted and said, "Sir! I did not expect you back so soon. I thought the doctor said you would not be fit for duty for another week." Tomat returned the salute and looked around at the staring faces of his bridge crew. His gaze returned to Trey, and it had a smile on it. "Yes, that's what he said. But what does he know?" Trey grinned, "Sir, I give command back to you." "Thank you, First Mate. It is good to be back. However, you get to do most of the talking. I may be disobeying doctor's orders, but I don't feel like having my jaw back in plaster if you know what I mean." The bridge crew laughed again. Tomat laughed with them and then said, "It is really good to be back."

Last edited by SniperInYourMidst on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed a spelling error)

SniperInYourMidst
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkBlade on Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:44 am

Finn left Karp huddled in the brig and hurried first the the hospital wing and then to the bridge. "Sir," he said, speaking to Tomat, "there is a thief in the brig."
HawkBlade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SniperInYourMidst on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:51 pm

Upon hearing this, Tomat arched an eybrow. "Oh really? It wouldn't happen to be Pvt. Karp again, would it?" "Yes sir, it is. He stole a very large sapphire that I found near Atlantis and-" Tomat interrupted with his mouth agape, "You found a what!?" "A sapphire, sir. Sorry, I was going to tell you about it when you returned from the attack on Soliss' private vessel. Your being sent to Sick Bay kind of threw that off and Karp stole it before I could tell you." "I understand, you can tell me about that in more detail later. Continue." "Yes sir. After Pvt. Karp stole the sapphire, he hid it in his cabin. I tracked him there and sure enough, he had hidden the gem under his bunk. It is now back in my cabin, inside one of my locker drawers with a lock on it. Pvt. Karp then escaped to the brig, hoping to hide from me there. That failed, so now he's already where he belongs, but he refuses to operate the brig cannon in the coming battle. He says that he'd rather rot in there then operate the brig cannon." Tomat stood there thinking for a second after Finn had ended his tale. "Well, tell Pvt. Karp that for a repeated offense of stealing, not only will he work the cannon, but he will be the ammo transporter."

Finn smiled and cringed at the same time. Justice was being done, but he also felt pity for Karp. The Brig Cannon already being a menial task to operate, there were no automatic loading belts, hydraulic angle adjustment equipment or any such devices that the normal Deck Gunners used to make their job easier and faster, everything was done by raw human labor. It took eight men just to move the Brig Cannon up or down. However, of all the jobs that were required to run the cannon, being the ammo transporter was the worst. Each shell weighed roughly same as two small cars and the shells were transported by one man pushing a cart containing the shell on a track. It was back breaking work, but it also was the fastest way out of the brig. "Sir, with all due respect, I don't think he'll cooperate." Finn said. Tomat smiled an evil smile and replied, "Ah, he will. Remember, he's a known thief. This won't be the first time he's defied me. If he does not follow my orders, he knows what happens." "Yes sir." Finn saluted and left to deliver his message to Karp.

SniperInYourMidst
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkBlade on Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:40 pm

"No!" Karp screamed. "Not the brig cannon! I won't do it! You'll have to kill me first!" "Well, I will ask Commander Fontar about this. Maybe he will let you off easy with a quick death..."
HawkBlade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SniperInYourMidst on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:19 pm

Finn was just about to turn around to leave the brig when the door opened and in stepped Tomat. Karp huddled even tighter in the corner and tired his very best to be invisible. "Well Finn, he doesn't want to operate the brig cannon eh?" Finn, momentarily blinded by the sudden increase of light, held up a hand to shade the brightness and replied, "Yes sir. He says we'll have to kill him." Tomat's face twisted into a stony hard mask of indifference. "KARP!" he bellowed, "REPORT!" Karp shakily got up and saluted. "So, you are refusing to follow orders, and protocol, again. Is that right?" "Ye-e-ss, s-s-s-ir." Karp could barely contain his intense fear. "Why is that?" Karp suddenly gained some confidence, "Because I did it once, and I vowed to never again operate that horrendous cannon!" Tomat was in a boiling rage, "That is not important, Private! You WILL follow orders like everyone else! If you thought that your ideas of what you will or won't do would be more important than your duty to your country, then why did you join the navy!?" Karp became silent. Tomat calmed down a bit, "I thought so. You didn't think about that when you enlisted. Well, do you, Pvt. Karp, know what happens to people who don't think about things before they do them?" "N-n-o sir, I do-GACK!" Karp fell over with a throwing knife lanced through his heart.

Tomat sighed and turned to Finn, "I hate when I have to do that." Finn looked at Karp, then back at Tomat, "Well sir, I know I would hate it too." "As we rightly should. A man from a country by the name of the United States of America once said may years ago, 'It is best that war is so terrible, lest men might grow fond of it.'1 something like that." "Uh sir, what about the body?" "It will be disposed of as any prisoner would be." "And the sapphire?" "Keep it where it is. Unfortunately there isn't time for you to show me this gem before the Erasian fleet will be in range to attack us. I suggest to get back to your post, as I need to get back to mine." "Yes sir." "I also want to congratulate you. You handled this situation very well. If I were in your shoes, I think I'd have killed him before I thought to report him." Finn was caught a bit off guard by the compliment from his commanding officer, "Uh, thank you sir. I was just doing my duty." Tomat smiled, "Speaking of duty, we should be heading back." "Yes sir." Finn and Tomat exchanged salutes and Finn walked back to his post. Tomat stayed there for a second, staring at the body of Pvt. Karp. "Well Karp, you did it this time." Tomat walked up to the body and pulled out his knife. Cleaning it on the Private's shirt, he re-sheathed the knife. He then turned and walked out of the brig, which had become strangely silent after all the prisoners had watched the execution. Signaling the MP on duty, Tomat returned to the bridge.

1Quote by Robert E. Lee

Last edited by SniperInYourMidst on Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the explanation for the superscript "1")

SniperInYourMidst
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkBlade on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:40 am

Finn was rather startled at Tomat's sudden and unjudged decision to execute Karp. Then again, Finn reasoned, Admiral Tomat IS the judge.

I'll post more later when I have the time.
HawkBlade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SniperInYourMidst on Mon May 09, 2011 5:03 pm

Tomat returned to the bridge. "Trey, whats the situation?" Trey turned from a tactical display, "Well sir, the Eurasian fleet just gained some reinforcements in the form of what appears to be a new destroyer design. We can't tell much about it just yet, as they have them in the back of their fleet right now. The fleet itself has organized into a delta formation and a unusually large battleship is forming the point. The new destroyers are advancing to the front of the fleet from the outside." Trey rechecked the tac display then continued, "It appears they are trying to keep their aircraft carriers safe by keeping them in the middle of the formation and are running regular aircraft patrols. The current speed is about flank speed right now, but we expect that to change once they get inside range of our high-powered weapons ." Tomat nodded and processed the information in his head. "How long until they are in range?" "Thirty minutes. The gun crews are standing by, ready to fire." "Good. Is everyone else ready?" "Yes sir. All departments finished reporting in about five minutes ago and everyone is all set." "Excellent. Do we have any word from Admiral Grekovin?" "Yes sir. He says that his previous estimate was false, as his navigator didn't figure in the fact that the engines had just been upgraded to the Type 3 turbines like ours. He says that he thinks his fleet will be here in about four hours." Tomat grinned an evil grin, "So the countdown begins. If we can hold out that long we'll have a pleasant surprise for our Eurasian friends."

After fifteen minutes, an unusual thing occurred on the radar screen. "Admiral Fontar, the radar is reporting that the new destroyers are accelerating past the fleet and are headed right for us. They're now just in range of our 12-inch cannons, but they're moving too fast for a good hit." Tomat wheeled around in his command chair and jumped up. "Let me see." "Yes sir." Tomat peered at the radar screen for a moment, then said "Blast! Those are standard tactics I should have seen coming. Trey!" Trey turned from his tac screen and stood, "Yes sir?" "Remind me, are all of the gunners ready for combat?" "Yes sir, they are." "Good, tell the crews manning the torp tubes and 6-inch light cannons to get ready to fire as soon as possible." "Done, sir." Tomat turned back to the radar operator, "Let me know as soon as they get in range of the torpedoes." "Yes sir."

Five minutes later, the torp tubes let off a broadside of four torpedoes. White mist marked the path the deadly missiles were taking as they streaked on to their targets. Four destroyers, four torps. Quick and easy death. Pure Tomat style. If only it had worked out that way. Two of the enemy ships were able to outmaneuver the torps and confuse them using countermeasures, causing them to blow up prematurely. One destroyer suffered a grazing hit that glanced off the destroyer and blew up about ten feet from the hull, causing minor damage. The fourth destroyer took the torp head on. The resulting explosion engulfed the entire destroyer and shot little pieces of debris hurtling out in all directions. Tomat watched the whole thing from a tac monitor. He was confused. "That explosion was way to big to have been the torp...but what would cause an explosion that big...Trey get me a new tac reading on those destroyers now!" "Yes sir. Scanning now." The scanner worked for about five minutes in which time the 6-inch cannons let loose a salvo, completely missing the fast closing destroyers. The tac scanner beeped once, signalling it was done. "Sir, the scan is finished, here it is...good heavens...!" Tomat's mouth fell open as the scan results appeared on his personal monitor. The destroyers were huge bombs. They were packed with powerful explosives in every nook and cranny. The ships themselves were not crewed by humans, but were in fact controlled by remote control from the really big battleship. "Those destroyers are R/C explosives! Take them out NOW!" Trey relayed orders. "Sir, they say they're firing as fast as they can. They're just moving too fast." "Grrrr, its because they can put in better engines. The bigger the engine, the bigger the explosion." The Destroyers closed fast. Then a lucky salvo from the 6-inch cannons destroyed one of the bombs with several hits to the forward hull. Another gigantic explosion punctuated the endless sea of blue and green with fiery yellow and red. The last destroyer came sailing in at top speed. Tomat grabbed his radio, "Destroyer Opivara, its headed right for you! Aim for the hull!" "Admiral, our cannons can't track down that fa-BOOOOOOOMMMMM-*crrrrrrrrrrrrrr-*" The Eurasain destroyer plowed into the port side of the Opivara and spit the ship in two before they both exploded into a fiery ball of twisted metal. The wreckage burned fiercely as it sank beneath the ocean waves, shooting up clouds of white steam to mix with the oily black smoke of oil fires. No survivors were recovered.

Last edited by SniperInYourMidst on Sat May 14, 2011 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed a few grammer errors, fixed a spelling error, changed some sentence structure, and added a little more detail.)

SniperInYourMidst
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentE383 on Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:59 am

As the OCIA was trying to clean up this mess the Erusia fleet opened up to reveal one enourmous ship. Tomat paled when he was it Oh my God... "Trey!" "Yes sir?" "What is that thing?!?!" "Scanning it now sir!" Trey's mouth was hanging open the entire time he was scanning the ship. "power readings off the charts. weapons we can only dream of and sir?" Trey looked as frightened as he should "Yes?" "If we let it it will take us down like taking candy from a baby."

Sollis watched as the fleet opened for him to fire. "Ready on the left?" He called out "Ready sir!" "Ready on the right?" "Ready!" "EXUSIA!!!!!!!!!!!!" The massive laser cannon could me heard powering up throughought the battle. Then A huge purple laser blast ripped through one of the heavyest ships in the enemy navy. The men onboard didn't have a chance.

Tomat felt all the blood drain from his face and strngth drain fom his limbs. How chould they survive this? The Erusian fleet closed and the battleship was hidden again as it prepared to fire once again.

now
AgentE383
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://7534.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  SniperInYourMidst on Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:17 pm

Gotta get a grip...they've got firepower do they? Well, I've got brains...so use 'em Tomat! Tomat straightened at once, and got to work. "Sub command! Get all the escorts underneath the Eurasian force! Have them target that battleship that took out the Grekovinianol, but watch out for enemy attack subs! Helm! Angle us to oh-nine-five and full speed ahead! Relay orders to fleet! Gunnery! Let 'em have it with everything you've got! No mercy and no stopping!" Affirmatives answered each of Tomat's quickly thought out orders.

-------------------------------------------------------------------BEGIN TRANSMISSION----------------------------------------------------

The plan is simple. They usually have to be when they're thought up in the space of about 5 seconds. The uber battleship has retreated behind most of the other ships. That means that its laser has to recharge before firing again. The scanners proved that it had other means to attack and defend, but the Achilles Heel of every floating craft is attacks from below. While Anti Submarine Warfare has improved the defenses of the all the world's navies over the years, it isn't impossible for a skilled sub captain to get his ship in a good spot for a kill. Hence, the few AlfaTwo-Class attack subs I have in the fleet that normally function as escorts are as we speak moving in under the enemy fleet to kill the battleship from below.

I have also set the fleet on a heading of 095 degrees which has aimed us right toward the Eurasian Fleet. The gunners on both sides will have a field day on the hulls of every ship in sight, but the cost might be enough to let the fleet get far enough into the enemy lines to directly attack the uber battleship with their surface weapons.

Thus, the battleship, now codenamed Dragon by my fleet controllers, will be attacked from above and below. Sir, I would request that your fleet continue to move will all due speed towards the combat zone, but that it be into left flank of the fleet. That side not only happens to be in your path with a slight course adjustment, but it is the weakest side of their fleet formation. This does not mean that this side of the fleet will not offer deadly resistance, but it should let you deal the most effective damage. I would also request that you contact me on frequency Charlie89-Deltac with encryption code Jolovina142 when your ships have reached maximum effective firing range.

Admiral Tomat Fontar
---------------------------------------------------------------------END TRANSMISSION----------------------------------------------------

"Sent, sir!" Tomat stood up from his console, "Very well. Trey?" "Yes sir." "What you have gotten set is excellent, and now I am able to pull off what will probably be the most daring attack ever. I wanted to thank you in case this doesn't work." Trey was still a bit shaken from the scanner report on Dragon but managed a weak smile, "Thanks you sir, hopefully it will." "Me too." It was then that the first Eurasian shell found its mark on the bow of the flagship. Tomat's face became hard, "Well, here goes nothing."

Last edited by SniperInYourMidst on Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed the Message Bars)

SniperInYourMidst
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkBlade on Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:05 pm

Finn was admiring the jem in his quarters when a giant explosion rocked the ship. Then the radio on his wall crackled and Tomat Fontar's voice came over the speaker. "Razor5! Report to the bridge immediately!" Finn grabbed his underwater rifle as well as his mouthpiece and clasped on his fins. He then waddled/ran to the bridge, where Tomat was waiting. "I want you to attempt to penetrate the enemy mothership. "Which mothership, Captain?" "That mothership, Finn." "Oh my! I see. Very well sir." He ran back to his quarters and brought out the special dagger, and a laser scanner. He then ran to the nearest side of the ship and jumped off, streamlining his body so that when he hit the water he barely made a splash. He struck out for the mothership, making good time. As he swam, he loaded his magazine with fifty rounds, enough to see him through at least one firefight. In approximately 6 minutes he was next to the enemy ship. He took out the scanner and ran it over the hull. On it's radar readout screen it showed him the structure of the ship in his vicinity. As he had suspected, one of the steel panels coating the side of the ship was a cleverly concealed airlock. He took his dagger and slid it into the hairline crack in between the panels. He wrenched it downwards and heard a *snick* noise as it sheared through the bolts and locks. He pushed it open and the rushing water bore him in. As soon as he was inside, the door automatically shut and pumps began removing the water rapidly from the airlock. He went to the inside door and pressed his ear to it. He heard a man shuffling around on the other side of the door. He swung it open and stabbed the man through the heart with his dagger. The man didn't get past a surprised look on his face. Finn then radioed Tomat. "I'm In. I'm keeping live contact in case something happens. What should I do now?"

Last edited by HawkBlade on Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
HawkBlade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SniperInYourMidst on Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:51 pm

(Shoot, I forgot your callsign HawkBlade. Could you edit my post and change Finn in the radio communications to whatever the callsign is supposed to be?)

"Finn, find out what kind of weapons this ship has. Our scanners were not effective at finding everything that we could see. If nothing else, find out what that laser is." "I copy, moving out." Finn looked around. He found himself in one of the divers compartments, one that looked a lot like the compartments on OCIA ships. Seeing that no one else happened to be inside, he moved forward to the only door and again listened with his ear pressed against the cool metal. Hearing nothing, Finn slowly opened the door, and was pleasantly surprised to hear nary a sound come from the heavy door. Stepping into a long hallway, Finn checked his radar scanner and found that there was a large tube above a smallish room, about two decks above him. "Control, I think I've located the super weapon. I'm moving up two decks to reach it." "We copy, Finn. Are there any personnel around?" "Except for one guy in the airlock I infiltrated though, no one." "Got it. That means everyone is probably in the combat stations. According to our schematics, you are in the supply deck. Be advised that the deck above that is the crew quarters." "Roger, I'll be careful."

SniperInYourMidst
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentE383 on Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:08 pm

Soliss knew something was wrong as soon as he couldn't reach Shield control. "Take my place Lt." "Yes sir." Soliss headed streaight for the shield controls grabbing a special stun rifle.

Finn was in the wrong room and he knew it as soon as a shield lockdown started. Alarms started blaring and something sounded like it was going to explode with immense power. He headed for an exit when he felt a sting from behind as everything started swirling and his limbs felt like lead. Before everything went black Finn saw a black shape and heard a familiar voice say "...oh Finn..."

now
AgentE383
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkBlade on Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:30 pm

Finn woke up in a cold steel room with cold steel shackles around his ankles. There was a small camera mounted on the wall behind him. He waved sarcastically at it and hunched his back against its view. This was not, as the officer monitoring the camera thought, a sign of defeat. In reality Finn was sliding his dagger from its sheath under his arm. In a swift movement he brought it slashing down. shearing the camera from the wall. Then, using the same technique as he had on the airlock door, he sliced through the bolts (all 10 of them) and swung the door open. He stabbed the guard outside his door through the back and into his heart. He grabbed the guard's pistol and a flash grenade and set off for what he hoped was the bridge.
HawkBlade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SniperInYourMidst on Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:51 am

It was then that the lead destroyers of the OCIA fleet came abreast of the first wave of Eurasian forces. (Remember now that OCIA according to Strike has a better navy.) As Tomat predicted, the gunners on both sides of the conflict had a field day, firing so fast that they were no longer bothering to aim very precisely. However, the speed of his ships, combined with the skill of his men, caused a blood bath on the Eurasian destroyers. Like a club to a human skull, the OCIA fleet plowed into the Eurasians. This however, was not to last.

As the OCIA battled its way in, the Eurasian cruisers, father back in the fleet formation and waiting for their targets to get close, now opened up with a deadly volley of cannon fire. OCIA responded with a no less deadly countervolley, though the increased armor on the Eurasian ships caused lighter damage than on the destroyers. Most of those were smoking ruins anyway. "Keep fighting! We can do this men, just keep fighting! For the motherland!!!" Tomat was in battlerage, and most people he faces don't survive that. The bridge crew shouted, "FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!"

SniperInYourMidst
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkBlade on Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:37 pm

Finn silenced every guard he came to and finally found one with a radio. He smashed it open and hotwired it onto Captain Tomat Fontar's personal radio channel. "Sir! They tried to keep me as a prisoner but I broke out. Im on deck #13. Which way is the armory?" "The armory is on Deck #28. Go!" "Yes sir! Good luck sir!" he started to run and then a tremendous humming sound was shaking the ship. "Sir! The laser cannon is about to fire!"
HawkBlade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentE383 on Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:24 pm

Finn was just about to enter the armory when he saw Soliss running toward him "Finn move!!!" Finn started "Soliss?" Soliss slammed into him in a flying tackle before he could move. As the door blew out behind them.

now
AgentE383
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  SniperInYourMidst on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:26 pm

Tomat was incredulous. He hit the trasmit button with entirely more force than necessary, but it still worked, "Can you tell me where its going to fire!" "No I can't, I just hear it charging up!" "Alright, keep moving. I can see the ship starting to appear on its attack vector. Keep moving to the armory and I'll see about things on this end!" "I copy!" Tomat then turned to the ship radio, "Attention all ships, Dragon is about to fire. Prepare for evasive maneuvers!" His warning was not a moment too soon. The laser fired with deadly force at one of his battleships. The captain of this ship was no slouch, and had already put his massive death platform into what maneuvers it could handle, causing the laser to miss its intended target, the bridge, and instead fire next to the bridge tower and graze the left side of it, leaving a chuck missing off the tower. It gave the appearence of the ship having been bitten into by a giant monster.

Under the churning waters, one of the attack subs made it into position. The captain stood next to his SoNAR operator, watching the scope. "Are all four tubes loaded?" The Fire Control officer answered him quickly, "Yes sir!" "Then flood all tubes, enter firing solution!" "Flooding tubes, entering firing solution!" After a short pause, "Done sir!" The captain grasped a handhold; this would be rough. "Open outer doors and fire tubes one and two on my mark, then fire tubes three and four on my second mark!" "Tubes open!" "Mark!"

Soliss was standing on the bridge after dealing with Finn, when he noticed something on the small SoNAR scope the battleship had. It was small, but it could be something. But then the signal changed, and he saw that it was a sub, with its outer torpedo doors open! He dashed down the hallway and down to the armory deck. Then he saw Finn again. How on earth did he get back out?!, but he ignored this thought and kept on running, "Finn move!!!" Finn started and turned quickly towards Soliss, "Soliss?" Finn asked tentatively. Then Soliss reached Finn and tackled him right as the first torpedo found its mark.

SniperInYourMidst
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkBlade on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:55 pm

Finn fought Soliss and finally pinned him to deck. He pressed his dagger against Soliss' throat and radioed Tomat. "I have Soliss pinned but I can't hold him long. What should I do?" "Get out as quickly as possible, that's an order!" "Yes sir!" He said and hit Soliss on the head with his dagger, knocking him unconscious. He then ran for the side of the ship. Behind him Soliss stirred...
HawkBlade

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SniperInYourMidst on Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:36 am

...and was pitched forward by the blast from the second torpedo ripping though the damaged hull. Slamming hard against a bulkhead, Soliss fought to remain conscious. He noticed with alarm that the hallway was flooding from a huge hole in the hull. Dimly, over the roar of rushing water, Soliss could hear Finn pounding down the hallway as fast as his nimble feet would take him. Gotta get back up to the bridge... Soliss' head swam as he stumbled to the upper deck access hatch, his head bleeding slightly from the where the bulkhead hit him.

"Torpedoes one and two hit dead on, sir!" The captain of the attack sub nodded in silent satisfaction, but it wasn't done yet. "Engineering, can the hull withstand two more torpedo shockwaves at this range?" A gruff voice came over the intercom, "Aye sir, enough for two more and then some. I'm not seeing any cracks or any other sign of damage. Let 'er rip sir!" "You betcha, Rick. Fire control! Mark!" The Fire Control officer reached over and causally pressed two buttons.

Soliss climbed up the ladder slowly, then when he finally made it to the deck above, he slammed down the sealing hatch. He continued slowly on his way up to the bridge, always repeating in his head to keep him conscious, Gotta get to the bridge...gotta get to the bridge...

Finn was almost to the diving airlock when Torp 3 hit one deck above him. A dull *BOOM* rang though the metal and Finn was nearly knocked over by the violent trembling that came with it. At this point, the water from Torps 1 & 2 had made its way down one deck, and Finn knew he needed to get out of there. "Control, this is Finn. I'm almost out. How much time do I have?" "Finn, you have about 5 minutes to get clear. We are engaging the ship on the surface now." "I copy." Finn kept moving, until he finally found the door he was looking for. Opening it, he readied his diving gear and plunged through the airlock. As soon as his eyes adjusted to the dark water, he was just in time to see Torp 4 come screaming in at a high rate of speed. The torpedo slammed into the hull just under the water line. Finn heard a muffled *BLAMMMMM* just as the shockwave shoved him like a giant hand on his chest away from the stricken battleship.

SniperInYourMidst
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AgentE383 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:28 pm

Soliss staggered up to the bridge as the first mate was frantically trying to get control. "Area aTEN-HUT!" all activity froze at Soliss' command. Scilence hung like a cloud until Soliss started barking out orders. "Lt. I want those decks sealed! First. I want that shield up now! And get that pilot in the air now!" The ship became a frenzy of activity. as the shield powered up and the decs were sealed.

The sub fired once again but the torpido hit the shield with sickening force. The sub was dammaged by their own torp and had to retreat for a while to be able to surface and repair.

now
AgentE383
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top