The Spy RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Field-ty Comments/Annoucements

4 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Field-ty Comments/Annoucements - Page 4 Empty RE: Field-ty

Post  SniperInYourMidst Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:10 am

Good news! AgentE382 and I both have our hands on NSIS and will be figuring out how to make it work. Our first installer will be one that will install a mod I made for Battlefield 2. Once we get that to work, I am going to try making an installer for Field-ty! I am hoping to have it download the latest redistributable of Perl, then put Field-ty in My Documents or something. The trick though is getting your script to run by itself. That is, to make it executable. I think I will poke around and see what I can find. If I can get you the command, then the next releases (or totally new games we write) can be easily clicked on to run.

SniperInYourMidst
Admin
Admin

http://glenn.hannold.us/

Back to top Go down

Field-ty Comments/Annoucements - Page 4 Empty Re: Field-ty Comments/Annoucements

Post  HawkBlade Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:25 pm

yesyesyesyes! Field-ty Comments/Annoucements - Page 4 797931 Field-ty Comments/Annoucements - Page 4 78922 Field-ty Comments/Annoucements - Page 4 78922 Field-ty Comments/Annoucements - Page 4 797931 Field-ty Comments/Annoucements - Page 4 78922 Field-ty Comments/Annoucements - Page 4 78922 Field-ty Comments/Annoucements - Page 4 797931
HawkBlade
HawkBlade

Back to top Go down

Post  SniperInYourMidst Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:31 am

Many days after the announcement to work on NSIS...

No progress. It has been forgotten...until now. I am hoping to actually do something with NSIS. Its just that it's sheer complexity makes it very hard to do this kind of programming and I have found I don't do well programming by myself. If AgentE382 and I can ever get together to work on it, we actually come up with something. What a Face
SniperInYourMidst
SniperInYourMidst
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Field-ty Comments/Annoucements - Page 4 Empty Re: Field-ty Comments/Annoucements

Post  HawkBlade Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:56 pm

haha
HawkBlade
HawkBlade

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkBlade Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:17 pm

Hooah! Field-ty-v3.0.2.pl is available upon request!
HawkBlade
HawkBlade

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkBlade Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Field-ty-v4.0 will soon be out WITH SAVED GAMES!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

HOOAH!
HawkBlade
HawkBlade

Back to top Go down

Post  SniperInYourMidst Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:19 am

Field-ty 4.0 is released and 32-bit and 64-bit NSIS installers are in the making! Its only for Windows at this point, but it will install Strawberry Perl (If you need it) then Field-ty 4.0. I'm hoping to build some kind of program that will execute Field-ty without having to run it on the command line. Stay tuned!...not that anyone looks at the forum anymore...
SniperInYourMidst
SniperInYourMidst
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkBlade Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:26 pm

I do! I am going to make a batch file to run perl without typing the commands
HawkBlade
HawkBlade

Back to top Go down

Post  SniperInYourMidst Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:08 pm

Of course! Why not ask the guy who built the game? Wish I had thought of that. Embarassed Very Happy
SniperInYourMidst
SniperInYourMidst
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkBlade Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:39 pm

Lol, this only opens the command prompt and starts the program, not an installer.
HawkBlade
HawkBlade

Back to top Go down

Post  SniperInYourMidst Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:32 pm

Yeah, that's what I meant. AgentE382 and I are working on a NSIS installer and it should be almost done. Just send me whatever file(s) that make the batch program work and I'll fit 'em into the installer. Btw, I don't know if this matters or not, but you should set up the batch file so that it looks for the Perl script in the same directory that it is running from. Also known as the working directory.
SniperInYourMidst
SniperInYourMidst
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkBlade Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:17 am

I have a question. Is there a way that I can upload a whole folder, and have it downloadable as a whole?
HawkBlade
HawkBlade

Back to top Go down

Post  SniperInYourMidst Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:45 pm

Well yes there is, however its kinda difficult to do in the command prompt. After telling me what the commands were, my dad recommended that you just use an FTP program like Filezilla which is free but I've never used it. I prefer FireFTP which is an addon for Firefox.

If you still feel like doing it from the Windows command prompt:

You actually can't do a folder in just one command like a file. You have to create the directory (sorry, forgot to ask him how to do that. Just post the name or the folder and I'll put it up.) then navigate to it. Instead of loading the folder, you can load all the files within the folder using "mput" (or maybe "m put") and then a file extension preceded by a star.

i.e. mput *.pl

In this fashion, you can load all the files into the directory. To get them back, you have to do the same thing, only using the command "mget" (or perhaps "m get") to pull them down from the server. Its easiest to create the folder you want the downloaded files in using Windows, but you can create directories using the command prompt. Just navigate to where you want to folder, then type "makedir [folder name here]". That just might be how to do it on thee server, I don't know.

i.e. makedir newfolder or makedir "new folder" or makedir new_folder

One thing about "makedir" is that the name can be case sensitive and quotes must be put around names that have spaces in them.

Last edited by SniperInYourMidst on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited post to correct the fact that FireFTP really does work with Firefox 4.0 RC 1)
SniperInYourMidst
SniperInYourMidst
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HawkBlade Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:10 am

actually now google docs has a feature to upload and download folders.
HawkBlade
HawkBlade

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4